What is Anime Japan 2014?
Anime Japan 2014 is a combined event incorporating Tokyo International Anime Fair and Anime Contents Expo. Tokyo International Anime Fair itself is an annual event held since 2002 and Anime Contents Expo began in 2012.
These two events are then decided to be merged into Anime Japan 2014 event to create the biggest anime event on earth, and also help developing the related industries with the help of the biggest players in Japanese animation industry.
Anime Japan 2014 will be held at Tokyo Big Sight, East Hall 1-6, from 22 – 23 March 2014 starting from 9 AM – 5 PM each day. This event is intended for all anime fans, both local and international, all the license holders and business practitioner. Ticket will be on sale in February 2014.
In the Press Release event, the following representatives from various companies were present:
- Member of combined event committee, President of The Association Of Japanese Animation,Nunokawa Yuuji
- Representative of Aniplex, Natsume Koichiro
- Representative of Animate, Sakashita-san
- Representative of Kadokawa,Inoue Shinichirou
- Representative of King Records, Ootsuki Toshimichi
- Representative of Satellite, Satou Michiaki
- Representative of Sunrise, Representative Director,Uchida Kenji
- Representative of Geneon Universal Entertainment Japan, Takada Jun
- Representative of Kodansha,Saitou Yutaka
- Representative of Tezuka Production, Kubota Minoru
- Representative of Toei Animation, Yoshitani Toshi
- Representative of Toms Entertainment, Yoshida Rikio
- Representative of Nihon AD Systems, Oooshiba Kenji
- Representative of Japan Animation, Motohashi Junichi
- Representative of Bandai Visual, Kawashiro Kazumi
- Representative of Pierrot, Ueda Kazunori
- Representative of Production I.G, Ishikawa Mitsuhisa
- Representative of Frontier Works, Oikawa Takeshi
- Representative of Pony Canyon, Kogawa Youko
- Representative of Marvelous AQL, Nakayama Haruki
- Committe member of the combined event, Matsumoto Satoru
The press release was opened with a welcome message from Nunokawa-san who explained the details of this upcoming event and then followed by Q&A session with medias.